Tuesday 29 May 2012

Stage 5 Cling On

Since returning from Vegas (which was THE best) Gracie has been extra clingy.......

At home, I walk around with her permanently attached to my leg. At day care she clings onto me like a wet noodle when I try to leave. At bed time, which is usually an easy routine, she asks to be picked up atleast two more times for more rock a byes or more books. I can't even use the washroom alone.

I have read that seperation anxiety is a normal thing at this age. Leaving her for four days definitly brought this upon us and I hate that she feels so anxious about me leaving her. I feel terrible every morning now when I take her to day care. But the teacher assures me everyday that the tears stop as soon as the door closes behind me.

She has been even more clingy due to her scraped up knee (she keeps falling on again and again) and her 18 month vaccinations (went very well with no side-effects).

I'm not complaining though.... I do love those big hugs and wet kisses..... and now I don't have to beg for them ;)

1 comment:

  1. Don't I know the feeling. My 9-month old has been clingy since the day she was born! It wont last forever though, there is a part of me that will miss it later on :)


    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete