The last few days have been extremely overwhelming for me. I am writing this blog to remind myself why it's not so bad being a single mom.
1. I don't have to negotiate or consult with anyone on how to parent my child.
2. I don't have anyone else to blame, so it's taught me to be honest with myself, own up to and learn from my mistakes.
3. When I tell someone I am a single mom, they either have alot of respect for me, or they pity me. The pity part ticks me off, but the respect makes me feel like I'm doing a good job.
4. I get to live in a peaceful home that is run by me. I get to eat what I like, leave the dishes if I feel like it, and be in control of the tv remote.
5. I have no one to argue with and resent for who does what, who bathed her last time. Instead of tracking who's done what, I actually want to be the one who gets to bathe my daughter.
I don't get every other weekend off. The bills get paid by me and me alone. I don't have someone to take over when I'm heaved over the toilet sick with the flu. There are never enough hours in the day. But I know I have made the best choice for my family of two.